CoolSculpting Reviews: The CoolSculpting fat freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise. The results are proven, noticeable, and lasting—so you’ll look great from every angle.
CoolSculpting Reviews: CoolSculpting Freezes & Eliminates Stubborn Fat
The CoolSculpting procedure safely delivers precisely controlled cooling to gently and effectively target the fat cells underneath the skin. Treated fat cells are crystallized (frozen), then die. Over time, your body naturally processes the fat and eliminates these dead cells, leaving a more sculpted you.
CoolSculpting Reviews: Fat Elimination After the CoolSculpting Procedure
Fat cells that are frozen during the CoolSculpting procedure gradually die off and leave the body through the body’s natural elimination process. That’s why the results are long-term. The fat is gone for good! Untreated areas will have no change in fat cell distribution.
CoolSculpting Reviews: HOW COOL IS THE COOLSCULPTING PROCEDURE? DOES IT HURT?
As the name suggests, the CoolSculpting procedure can be a little chilly. Controlled cooling is delivered via an applicator to freeze the targeted fat. Though you may feel intense cold initially, this feeling usually subsides within 5 to 10 minutes as the area numbs. Because most applicators use a vacuum to draw fatty tissue into the applicator cup, you may also feel some pulling, tugging, and/or mild pinching.
After you and your physician select the area(s) to be treated, the device is positioned on your body and controlled cooling is applied. A gel pad and applicator are applied to the targeted area. Vacuum applicators draw the tissue into the applicator cup. Applicators are secured to the treatment area. All applicators deliver controlled cooling to the targeted fat.
CoolSculpting Reviews: CAN I MULTITASK DURING MY TREATMENT?
Absolutely! Many people read, check email, or even take a nap during their treatments. You are encouraged to do whatever feels most comfortable for you. So sit back, relax, and say goodbye to stubborn fat!
CoolSculpting Reviews: IS THERE DOWNTIME?
The CoolSculpting procedure is completely non-surgical, which makes returning to normal activities afterward a typically easy process. Often, patients even return to work after their CoolSculpting treatment is over.
CoolSculpting Reviews: ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
During the procedure you may experience sensations of pulling, tugging, mild pinching, intense cold, tingling, stinging, aching, and cramping at the treatment site. These sensations subside as the area becomes numb. Following the procedure, typical side effects include temporary redness, swelling, blanching, bruising, firmness, tingling, stinging, tenderness, cramping, aching, itching, or skin sensitivity. The sensation of fullness in the back of the throat after submental area treatment. These effects are temporary and generally resolve within days or weeks. Though rare, some additional side effects may occur. As with any medical procedure, ask your physician if the CoolSculpting procedure is right for you.
Here’s everything you need to know before freezing your fat:
1. Fat cells self-destruct when the skin gets cold enough. The FDA-cleared procedure sections in the skin surrounding the area of fat you want to freeze then use controlled cooling (aka cryo lipolysis) to drop the temperature of the skin down to where the fat cells die. The body then eliminates the cells in the following weeks.
2. There is a tendency for uneven removal. It’s not skill-dependent since a vacuum-like head suctions the skin into freeze it, so there is a risk of uneven removal, says Paul Jarrod Frank, MD, a cosmetic dermatologist in New York City.
3. It can be pricey. Depending on where you live and the area you’re looking to get treated, a CoolSculpting session can run you $500 and up.
4. One treatment has been said to be enough, but that isn’t always the case. So in the end, it might not be the most cost-effective option to get the results you’re looking for. Be sure to talk to your doctor before going in for the treatment to see if you’re the perfect candidate for this procedure.
5. The procedure is for very discreet fat removal. Picture a thin man with love handles or a woman with small pockets of fat on her inner thighs. “Broader areas are not good for this treatment because that won’t come out evenly,” Dr. Frank adds.
6. There is literature that Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia (PAH) can occur after cryo lipolysis. According to Dr. Frank and the National Center for Biotechnology Information, fat can grow back rather than disappearing forever. “Of course, there are risks with everything, but this is the only fat removal process that has this particular risk though low,” Frank adds.
7. It takes an hour to treat each section. So it could take a long time, depending on how many areas you want to treat.
8. You might experience cryo lipolysis-induced numbness that can last for weeks. “It does something to the superficial nerves when the skin is frozen that can leave you without feeling for hours,” Dr. Frank says.
9. You can also have to bruise. There’s minimal downtime with this treatment, but you might experience bruising since the areas treated will have been pulled, tugged, and pinched in the suction process. And you could be sore for days or weeks after the treatment.
10. Full results take weeks or months to show up. This depends on how well your body reacts to the treatment. You should expect to full results by the second or third month.
11. You need to maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine to keep the results. But you probably already knew that.